Did you know?
Easter candy facts include:
- As many as 5 million Marshmallow Peeps, bunnies, and other shapes are made each day in preparation for Easter.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to create a Marshmallow Peep. Today it takes six minutes.
- Yellow Peeps are the most popular, followed by pink, lavender, blue, and white.
- Adults prefer milk chocolate (65%), to dark chocolate (27%).
- Americans consume 16 billion jellybeans at Easter, many of them hidden in baskets. If all the Easter jellybeans were lined end to end, they would circle the globe nearly three times.
(Source: National Confectioners Association)
- Laying eggs is hard work! In fact, it takes 24-26 hours to complete the process, according to research from the University of Illinois-Urbana. Even the best brood hens cannot lay more than one egg a day.
- If you lay all of the *PAAS® wire dippers end-to-end, they would equal the height of 6,628 Washington Monuments.
- Today, Americans purchase more than 10 million PAAS® Easter Egg Color Kits during the Easter season, and use them to decorate as many as 180 million eggs!
*Note: Extension does not endorse use of any product over the other.